Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our little Over-Achiever



With baby #1, I read all of the week by week pregnancy and baby developmental guidelines on-line. I read tons of books on pregnancy and new baby. With baby #2, I looked at the books/Internet a couple of times--mostly when I was feeling extremely sick or baby was feeling sick. On Sunday, I opened my very first baby book for baby #3. I hope that baby #2 and #3 don't feel neglected. I'm definitely not a pro at mothering, but I guess with each baby I've become a bit more easy-going. It really has more to do with me than the kids. I'm not so up-tight and stressed because I feel a lot more comfortable with myself as a mom.
The reason I opened up the baby book for #3----We've decided that Madilyn is already an over-achiever. She's developing so fast. And, while I'm very excited for her accomplishments, I find myself sad that she's not the teeny tiny baby that she once was. Granted, she's still a baby; but, she's getting so mobile and she's developing her own little personality. I'm missing the "baby slug" stage, but I am enjoying the present moments that pass all too quickly.

Madilyn has been crawling for over 2 weeks now. On Saturday, while I was home with the kids cleaning up, Madilyn sat up all by herself on the rug. And then, on Sunday, I was sitting at the table talking with my mom. Madilyn squirmed over to the bottom of my chair, and WA-LA. She grabbed the chair slats at the bottom of the chair and pulled herself up into a standing position. STANDING? She just barely started crawling and she just sat the day before?? I have a feeling that next week she's going to be doing the triple jump or running sprints. ;)




I don't know if I'm ready yet for the fascination of toilet paper and toilets which has plagued all of my children. I don't know if I'm ready for the excitement of electrical outlets and pouring/dumping anything out of a container. However, I do know that I sure like this wee one! She's a keeper!

2 comments:

Emma said...

why have you been hiding her??? She is seriously ADORABLE! I love those huge blue eyes. Of course she's an over-achiever, look at her mother. Good luck keeping her out of everything!

Kerstin Miller said...

oh my gosh! she is so cute! I haven't really seen any pictures except the really little baby ones, but she is definitely a keeper. She must want to be just like the boys, trying to keep up and all.