Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Dress



So, I've been talking to some of my family about this fabulous little baby dress that we blessed little Madilyn in and I thought I'd post a picture of it on here. I'm sure the men aren't interested (my brother is probably the only poor boy who may possibly read this).



Anyway, we had a new lady move into our ward boundaries at church. She came up to me two Sunday's ago and asked me if I had a blessing dress for baby yet. I told her that I had not. She then said that she made blessing dresses for people and had one on hand that she had not sold yet. She said that if I was interested she would sell it to me at cost--which was $30. Being the cheap girl that I am, I was a bit shocked. I was thinking, "I can buy myself a dress for less than $30. Why would I spend $30 for a baby dress?"



I was grateful that she approached me and didn't want to say no after I'd already went through a whole conversation about how we hadn't bought one and needed one and on and on and on. She then explained that she crocheted them. I'm always impressed by this talent in others, but again I was a bit appalled. I didn't want to dress my little one in something that looked like a knitted hat or a pair of socks. I just couldn't picture a crocheted baby dress being cute. But, I'm kind of non-confrontational and didn't want to hurt feelings and say I wasn't interested after I told her I was.



Anyway, I went on Monday to buy the dress worried about what I was buying. AND, it was the most beautiful blessing dress I've ever seen. I was extremely impressed. I mean...she hand-croceheted this. It had beautiful imbellishments along with cloth covered buttons. I'm not sure if you can see all the details, but wow!!! I ended up giving her a little more and feeling guilty at my ugly thoughts. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting..! Well, I prefer Old Navy for affordable baby dresses.