Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Grateful

I'm not a good blogger, but my life has been crazy with so many things. I've always loved writing in a journal and have done so on and off since I was 8 years old. Blogging is something that adds to my journaling, but I've never felt like sharing really personal things, so I write those in my journal and I'll occasionally post a blog.

I guess today I'm feeling like sharing some of me. I hope it won't be too much for you.....

Today, I've felt a little lugubrious (this is our latest Reader's Digest word--go look it up :) ). I'm kind of on bed rest for the next 6 weeks due to a basketball injury that was followed by surgery and it's made me a bit down-hearted. However, today, as I was bemoaning myself--the fact that I'm lying in bed, working my job, and I can hear my little children downstairs with their Grandma and I can't help--I realized how good my life is. It's really good. Great even. I have so many things to be grateful for. I can't even count them all. But mostly....

I have the best family in the whole wide world. I've got a husband who's a lot of fun and so helpful with everything. He has so many amazing talents. He single-handedly (well pretty much on his own) fixed our little farmhouse with his two big manly hands. I love his hands. And, I love his heart. We were really made for each other. We have three beautiful children with unique personalities. We have great parents who have helped us beyond words. We have fun siblings who we love to be around.

Gratitude = Family = Love

Truly what life is about. And I wrote this little poem that kind of sums up my feelings....

sunshine and rain,
trees and flowers,
summer and spring,
kids and popsicles.
or better yet,
my kids and ice cream,
my husband and sons,
sons and a daughter,
parents and grandparents,
laughter and dinner.
all mixed together
in a little place
with a big heart
and rolling hills,
with lots of green trees,
and friends who say what they mean,
and help each other.
perhaps a small paradise,
or really just a simple place,
bursting at the seams
with love--
a simple place called home.

And a side note, I'm sure grateful for fall. How I love the crisp air and the crunchy leaves!!

1 comment:

Valeri said...

Beautiful! Thanks for reminding us of the simple things in life that we often take for granted. Sorry about your injury!