Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jake's Wedding

This is a long overdue post. My brother Jake got married on September 12th on the family farm. All of my siblings and I were in the wedding and we had a lot of fun. Everything turned out beautiful. I also got to complete a goal I've always wanted to accomplish--make a wedding cake. I know that seems a little silly. It equated to an extremely crazy day before the wedding. There are things that I would change, but the cake tasted yummy. The whole entire wedding cake got eaten, so I guess that's what mattered most. We did two layers 0f pumpkin cake for the bottom, two layers of fresh apple for the middle, and a chocolate brownie cake for the top. It was all smothered with cream cheese frosting. I stacked the cake on an old antique oak window and then put red apples underneath. I stole the concept from a cousin who used green apples under her cake. I'm an idea thief.



It was a really fun day for everyone. We just enjoyed talking and we were quite a silly wedding party. Here are some more pictures if you're interested (first gallery at the top):
Lindsey is the perfect fit for Jake and they seem so happy together. I can't believe that we're all becoming big people with real responsibilities. Weclome to the family, Lindsey. We sure do love you!!

2 comments:

Kerstin Miller said...

You definitely did do a beautiful job! It tasted great too! I'm secretly glad you had surgery so I can read your new blog updates! lol

Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful wedding! Miss you guys!